- If you haven’t heard, MLB made Jenrry Mejia the first player to get a lifetime ban for PEDs after failing his third test. Dude made $3.6 million from his 8-year-career in the majors and minors, and is it even obvious he could have played in the majors without PEDs? I am not sure this is actually the disincentive the MLB thinks it is.
- SI has a comprehensive breakdown of sexual assault accusations against Peyton Manning’ .
- If you win the MVP at the NBA celebrity game, Sage Steele is not going to let you say anything about politics.
- The New York Times has a fascinating piece about the National Basketball League of Canada. I always find the pieces about the guys who invest their lives on a sport but never make it.
Stover said he had received more lucrative offers from teams overseas — N.B.L. clubs are subject to a salary cap of 150,000 Canadian dollars (less than $108,000), spread among 12 players — but was lured to St. John after playing for Spon last season with the Rochester RazorSharks of the Premier Basketball League.
“I came here specifically because I wanted to win a championship with these guys,” Stover said.
- Speaking of minor league basketball, here’s the dunk that John Jordan won the D-league Dunk Contest with. Keep in mind, dude’s 5’10”. Wow.